Ehsaas Nashonuma is a provisional cash transfer program that aims to address health and nutrition for stunting in children under the age of 23 months. Pakistan’s high rates of 40.2% stunting, 28.9% underweight and 17.7% wasting are indicative of an ongoing crisis among children. Stunting negatively impacts brain function, organ development, and the immune system, and ultimately limits future productivity. Prime Minister Imran Khan launched this program on August 13, 2020 as a pilot project in 9 districts of the country in the first phase including Khyber, Upper Dir, Bagh, Ghizer, Hunza, Kharmang, Kharan, Badin and Rajanpur selected in the based on a high stunting rate and in consultation with provincial health departments. Under the program, 33 Ehsaas Nashunama Marakiz / Centers will be established in Tehsil-level health facilities to provide all services under one roof under the program. Ehsaas Nashonuma is fully funded by the Pakistani government. The World Food Program has been contracted as an implementing partner to carry out all program activities.
Total budget of the Ehsaas Nashonuma programme in Pakistan
· The total budget of the Ehsaas Nashonuma programme is about 8.52 billion Pakistani rupees.
· The Ehsaas Nashonuma programme is fully funded by the Government of Pakistan.
What is being provided under the Ehsaas Nashonuma programme?
Ehsaas Nashonuma target to report the inhibiting children under the age of 23 months, by providing the following:
· Nutrition Food for pregnant and lactating women and children under the age 23 months
· Conditional Cash on quarterly basis to increase the commitment of health and nutrition services.
· Rs.1500/- for pregnant, lactating women and boy child
· Rs.2000/- for girl child
· Pregnant, lactating women and children Immunization (under the age of 23 months).
· Sessions on Awareness of Breast Feeding, Hygiene, Sanitation, Dietary diversity etc.
· Antenatal care/postnatal care (quarterly)
Total district and centers in Ehsaas Nashonuma Programme Pakistan
· 48 Ehsaas Nashonuma Centres being set up at 13 districts including the pilot phase Khyber, Upper Dir, Bagh, Ghizer, Hunza, Kharmang, Kharan, Badin, and Rajanpur.
· 221,000 households across different other districts of Pakistan in the pilot phases.
Ehsaas Nashonuma programme pakistan timelines
· It is a three-year programme- implementation under the pilot phase begin in August 2020
· 48 Ehsaas Nashonuma Centers in 14 districts are functioning.
· Enrolled beneficiaries programmatic support will be continued up to three years.
Ehsaas Nashonuma Program Apply Online
Prime Minister Imran Khan has launched the Ehsaas Nashonuma program to protect newborns from stunting. PM Ehsaas nashonuma program registration has started and eligible women can apply for ehsaas nashonuma program online registration through the ehsaas nashonuma program.
Apply online at www.pass.gov.pk.