Through Ehsaas Amdan programme different assets will be given to the deserving people to empower them to proceed out of poverty. For this purpose different assets include livestock (cows, goats, buffaloes, poultry), suitable agriculture inputs, body parts of chingchi rickshaws, and outlets of retail and small enterprises. The total budget of the Ehsaas amdan programme is approximately 15 billion Pakistani rupees. In 375 union councils of 23 poorest districts across four provinces of Pakistan, Ehsaas Amdan is being implemented.
What are the Ehsaas Amdan Programme targets
· Productive assets or vocational skills will be given to 200,000 households (having PSC 0-18)
· 60% asset beneficiaries are women
· 30% of the asset beneficiaries are youth
· Through 221,926 interest free loans, 50% of loans will be given to households
Ehsaas Amdan Program Time Line
How are beneficiaries identified in Ehsaas Amdan Programme
· The program focuses largely (but not exclusively) on Government of Pakistan Kafaalat households, which receive additional support through asset transfers and / or vocational training and provide opportunities to take advantage of the Interest Free Loan Scheme (IFL) for their acronym) to graduate out of government social protection record.
· Identified households (through the process defined above) are supported to develop livelihood investment plans that identify the current skills and resources the household owns, and the type of potential resources / assets needed to develop or improve their businesses / income generating activities.
Total number of expected beneficiaries under the Ehsaas Amdan Programme
The Ehsaas Amdan program is starting in 375 rural union councils in 23 of the poorest districts of the 4 provinces of Pakistan (list of districts in appendix).
How Ehsaas Amdan beneficiaries get access to Ehsaas Interest Free Loans
Asset recipient households are also supported to access Ehsaas’ interest-free loan window if it is available in their area and if they believe they need additional financing to improve the business.
Ehsaas amdan program online registration
Through a survey of Government of Pakistan’s Kafaalat households, each and every individual (poor family) will be identified and assets will be given (cows, goats, buffaloes, poultry), suitable agriculture inputs, body parts of chingchi rickshaws).